About Me

This is a blog by Darian Tucker (18) and Karlie Jenkins (14). Darian is a Senior at Cornerstone Christian School but spent her life until this year at Priceville High School. She plays basketball, volleyball, and softball and enjoys hanging out with her friends and boyfriend and books. Karlie is in 8th grade at West Morgan High School and is a cheerleader.she loves to read and hang out with freinds.she is in eighth grade:)

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Poet of the Month: Emily Dickinson

VI. (No Title)

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.


Darian here,
     Since Karlie stole my 2nd favorite poem last post...I picked another one of my favorites :) I chose this one because of it's selflessness. If everyone would live life with the same mindset as Emily had when she wrote this poem, there would never be anyone hurting in need of being comforted. Our primary thought when we wake up each morning should be "How can I help someone who needs it today?" Just think of the people that could be reached out to...the kid with no parents being shuttled from home to home, never really belonging anywhere. The insecure teenage girl searching to be loved by someone, but always being left alone. The mother that prayed so hard for so long, but lost her baby in the end...Everyone can use some love. Be selfless and prefer others above yourself. You'll be glad you did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment